Hi All - Just started my CCNA (stage 1 of 4) for the CCNA 640-801 exam.

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Baron210, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Baron210

Baron210 Bit Poster

Hi,

Just wanted to let someone know that I've taken the plunge and started studying at a local college for the CCNA 1 to 4, having taken the Cerco CCSN, A+, N+ and found myself a job with a small industrial PC manufacturer as a systems intergrator (only 14.5k per annum, but it's a start).

A good hard years work ahead methink's, the worst part (for me) is converting binary to decimal & hex, and the long hours after a hard (but enjoyable): day.

:p :p :p

Pls wish me luck (course is costing £1600.00 for four modules including exam fees).

Certifications: Cerco CCSN comptia A+ & N+
    WIP: Cisco CCNA (Aiming for CCNP)
  2. GmanUK

GmanUK Byte Poster

Good luck Baron!

Not a bad price including fees...well done!

I always use the Windows calc (Scientific mode) for work...and I used it to get my head around it all in the first place...has a nifty radio button setup that can convert at a click of a button :biggrin

Again....Good luck... :thumbleft

Certifications: CompTIA N+, Server+, CCSN, ITILv3 (f)
    WIP: MCITP Security
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck mate,

To be honest I personally believe £1600 is alot for a CCNA, our local tech college is offering the 4 parts for £218 (per part, inc exam) so £872 total. But considering the cost of the CCNA at "training centres" and it also depends where in the country you are £1600 is a bargin :D

Good luck and let us know how you get on with the 4 parts, as last year the CCNA was only split into 3 parts.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good luck Baron 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Baron210

Baron210 Bit Poster

Thank's you guy's for the support, Gman, I knew about calc's scientific mode for the conversions, but honestly don't know as to whether i'll be able to use this tool in the final test? (85 questions over two hours + a practical lab based router / switch test).
    and Bluerinse, how hard is it to relocate to OZ?? I think the UK's going to the dog's in many way's, and would like to "spread my wing's" a bit, would deffo consider the more open culture of Australia.

Many thanks Baron210...

:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Certifications: Cerco CCSN comptia A+ & N+
    WIP: Cisco CCNA (Aiming for CCNP)
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Just so that yoou know, the CCNA exam doesn't let you use a calculator, you have to be able to do it all manualy! :(

Once you get the hang of it its fairly easy, its just remembering how you do it longter, esp. if you haven't done it for a while thats hard! 8)

7. GmanUK

GmanUK Byte Poster

Hey Baron - If you are having trouble getting your head around it have a look at this nifty table I found a little while ago...I used it when I was revising...used it to check that I was getting the answers right and it worked for me :biggrin

Link

Another good one is here, this is more of a quite straight forward 'how to' :blink

And this one here, but this one is a little bit harder on the grey matter :confused3

Certifications: CompTIA N+, Server+, CCSN, ITILv3 (f)
    WIP: MCITP Security
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

IMHO it's very hard to emigrate to Australia, Firstly there is the 500 quid for the application pack, then it took me two years to qualify (become a permanent resident) and during that time I had to have three police record checks, an aids test, a full medical and fill out more forms than I care to remember. The bureaucracy is designed to put people off and I was and still am married to an Australian. However, if you are determined enough it is possible and well worth it!!!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)