HI all CFS

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by creamofluve, Nov 23, 2008.

1. creamofluve

creamofluve Bit Poster

Hi my name is Remmy from Manchester. I hope to be of help, any one need my E-Book for my MCSA should not hesitate to ask.

Certifications: MCP,MCTS,MCSA
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF. As for your e-book ... Offering a copy of it probably breaches the copyright of the book. Assuming of course that it is a commercial e-book. Not really a good idea on here matey.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

What Modey said :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. creamofluve

creamofluve Bit Poster

Hi,

Sorry i dont mean to disrespect any one on this forum or any MODS, as i bought the e-book i dont see anywhere i breach that i cant give a mate my e-book for free, as there is no limited share on who i give or not, as i have many of it on many cds. so i dont think i breach any rules, its just kind gestures if any one needs it as have done before.

So sorry if that is not allowed in this forum.

5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

It is a nice gesture, its just we dont know whether this PDF is copyright or not, if it is, and this forum is found to be sharing copyright material then the owners could be sued and this place shut down, so either way its not a risk any of us would want to take.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'll have to go along with the others. Some works are licensed in a way that allows the person possessing them to pass them along, but most aren't. You can go back to where you got the e-book and probably find that information. We just want to make sure that no laws or ethics are being violated by your offer. Thanks.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. creamofluve

creamofluve Bit Poster

HI Mods of CF,

Im a new member here and i go through every rules inflated on this forum and i dont mean to cause any hassles over what i said, its study materials every one knows, MPress, as i study this forum there is no file and share page on the forum, my intentiion was not to put any study materials on the request and share page if CF have one, what i was saying is if any body needs my study materials they can pm and i can send it to them via email. Why are we here? to share knowledge, provide and look after each other but im here as well to protect the image of CF and not see it shut down, if u know what i mean..

So sincere apology if i offend any one, especially the MODS no one mess with them. lol

I hope you understand now

Thanks for letting be one of the member of the community.

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unless you wrote the e-book, you aren't allowed to distribute it. Doing so is a violation of copyright law.

Know why CertForums doesn't have a file and share page on this forum? Because it's against the law to share copyrighted materials.

There are quite a few of us here who make a living by writing certification training products. Whether you realize it or not, your "kind gestures" of freely offering e-books or other training materials directly impacts my ability to feed my family. If you have a conscience... I ask you to stop what you're doing, both here and elsewhere.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. creamofluve

creamofluve Bit Poster

Will you give me a break please, im sorry i dont have a conscience though, i wrote to TRIP already about this and i said sorry to him personally on email and on the post as well. Its my own problem if i choose to share my study materials to a buddy cause i bought it, and there are ppl out there giving their study materials out too, in as much im not breaking any rules on this forum, and i want a future growth for this sites, so i wont share anything on here i just thought i ask and also im a new member so i learn from what trip and others said, but making me feel as if im wrong by sharing my study materials to my mates and taking food outter ppl that wrote it, If I took money out of the writers im sure they should of closed lot of sites that share their materials, its my own right to share it with any buddy of mine in as much is not on this forum, so i dont have no conscience in what i do.

10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well whether they are your buddies or not, is irrelevant. if you distribute copyrighted material to anyone, using any medium you are breaking the copyright law. It is not, 'your right', to break laws, it may be your choice to break laws but you are putting yourself at risk by doing so. In my opinion, that's plain folly.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  11. creamofluve

creamofluve Bit Poster

If i had know that i can actually get my materials for mcse online without paying i would of done that rather than paying for all my materials, but im quiet happy that i did, and as I pay for my materials then definately i probably pay for someone's family food then, if im breaking the law by sending a mate my ebook, how come there are still live websites out there distributing and sharing the books without them getting shut down, in as much im not making out the same books out and selling it to other ppl. so if you really know what your saying, im sure limewire, bearshare and many more sites out there that share would of been closed down by now.

So if i choose to share it to my buddy then i guess YOU SUE ME.

I just dont like where this thing is going, cause you guys are kinda labelling me bad here...

12. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! Good luck with the studies.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  13. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

No we're not mate you're welcome here, you'll notice it's a pretty friendly environment.

The reason copyright infringements was mentioned is because you said you purchased the pdf, if you were to hand the pdf to all your mates they wouldn't be paying for it so the author wont receive any royalties for their work. Which is no different from downloading games, films and music.

GRim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sites like Limewire and Bearshare are simply P2P sites. The people who are sharing the books are doing so in violation of Limewire and Bearshare's policies against copyright infringement: link to Limewire's copyright policies, link to Bearshare's EULA

Additionally, offering and/or distributing copyrighted materials on this forum IS a violation of forum policy: link

I'm no moderator here... but if that's your intent, they'll probably tell you to go elsewhere.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Bro you are already kicking up dust:D. Welcome to CF anyways...

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  16. creamofluve

creamofluve Bit Poster

Thanks ya'll, I heard everything about what ya guys have to say no p..