Help

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Muppet, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Muppet

Muppet New Member

Ive recently decided to take up IT as a new career direction but am unsure of what qualifications are any good/use!?
    Im looking to be involved in support or training. From cf and other sites im thinking along the lines of Mcdst is it well recognised and would i need to further certs? Any advice or links would help.
    thanks. :hhhmmm

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

The A+ cert is very well recognized and considered more or less the foundation of PC hardware and OS support. It wouldn't be a bad place to start.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Muppet

Muppet New Member

thanks any idea how long these things take as Im off to N.Z. 8) in October I wouldnt mind being at least able by then?

4. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Thats really one of those "how long is a piece of string questions". you can take the exams anytime you like, the limiting factor is yourself, what your experience is and how much time you can devote to studying.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  5. Muppet

Muppet New Member

Thanks,
    Ive just downloaded the objectives, and ordered some books, as recomended in the A+ forum, i think im gonna go down the self study route.

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Great move, Muppet - all the best m8 :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity