Help?

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by leeruddock, Mar 20, 2007.

1. leeruddock

leeruddock New Member

Hi guys you are so helpful on this forum it is very much appreciated, i wonder if you can help me sort out my CV and give me tips on how to improve it and that. I have typed it below and any sugestions or tips would be great if at all possible?

CURRICULUM VITAE

PERSONAL DETAILS

BLAH BLAH BLAH

EDUCATIONAL RECORD

1997 – 2004 Royds High School, Oulton, Leeds

QUALIFICATIONS

AVCE ICT 6 Units Grade E

As Level Business Studies Grade D

GCSE English Grade C
    French Grade C
    Geography Grade B
    History Grade C
    ICT Grade B
    Mathematics Grade C
    Double Science Grade BB

CAREER SUMMARY

April 2005 – Present

A E Industrial & Air Equipment Ltd
    Hunslet
    LS10 1NZ

Sales & Warehouse work including driving a forklift truck and stock taking, rotation and ordering.

Feb 2004 – June 2004

Three Horse Shoes
    Oulton
    Leeds

Bar work including stock rotation and stock taking.

Sep 2003 – Jan 2004

A. Andrews & Sons.
    Meanwood Road
    Leeds

I was a sales trainee selling tiles, worktops and fireplaces in natural stone such as granite, marble and limestone.

INTERESTS

I am at this minute in time self studying myself for the A+ and Network+ Exams as well as looking in the future to top this qualifications up with Microsoft and Cisco ones. I am into lots of sport including Rugby League, Tennis, Snooker, Rugby Union, Cricket, Golf, And Football & Horse Racing. I also like to have a bet now and again on all the sports mentioned above.

Thanks
    Lee

2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hello Lee, Welcome to CF:biggrin

as for the CV I would put the qualifications of your IT at the top, after all most employers have to look at 20 - 80 application forms. This takes a lot of time, time which they don't have, so they tend to scan read, looking for those important key requirements.

Secondary, I would put more emphasis on your work experience, such as team work, motivation and your experience in PC's

Have you ever built a PC for someone? If so put it on your CV.
    This counts as work experience. Put yourself in the employers shoes and ask why should I employ this person what makes this CV stand out from the rest?

Good Luck:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+