1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with CompTIA Self Study PLEASE

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by mark8par, Jun 8, 2009.

1. mark8par

mark8par Bit Poster

I have been looking at the Comp TIA courses and i am slowly coming round to the self study idea, the problem is i am not totally sure were to begin.

I have seen the following books on Amazon but cant be sure they are upto date

Would somebody be so kind as to give me some help with direction as i am VERY keen to get started but on the other hand i dont want to spend money that i dont need to. I did look at some courses with computech etc but they a very expensive.

2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

The CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide in your link is not a book that I've had any contact with, but the other 2 offered for sale with it (Mike Meyers All In One and PC Technician Street Smarts) are both top notch and just what you need to get you through the A+.

For future reference there is a whole forum dedicated to the A+ in which many of these types of questions have been answered, you'll find it here http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/forum29.html
    Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. mark8par

mark8par Bit Poster

Thankyou for your help, I have looked at the link you provided and that is just what i need. I am so pleased i stumbled accross this forum this has plenty of information.

Thankyou one again
  4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

If you're fairly new to IT, Meyers AIO is a better book. the explanations are clear and if focuses entirely on the A+ material.
    The Complete... is a lot drier. It seems to be aimed at techs who have a little bit of experience and goes a bit further than A+ in some places.

I used both and I think I would have struggled with The Complete... if I hadn't read through and understood Meyers AIO first.
    Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job