Help with Boson NetSim

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by toorbellino, Oct 8, 2012.

1. toorbellino

toorbellino New Member

Hi all,

Years ago I passed my CCNA and now I would like to renew. I used Boson Netsim for hands on labs so now I downloaded again but, this software is not very useful, I mean when I open a lab with NetSim I can chose between Load Lab (to introduce commands into the router) and View Lab (to read the solution).

I prefer to have the instructions of the lab and try to solve it, but when I click to View Lab I just can see the solution and the explanation. Is this the way that NetSim functions?

Thanks a lot in advance!

2. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

I don't have a clue about Boson Netsim, maybe you should contact their support?

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Packet Tracer has some lab options in the latest incarnation where you get requirements and have to resolve. Not technically a simulator as such but still all the proper commands that you need to enter etc. May do what you are looking for.

Failing that there is GNS3, but not sure if you have labs etc in that, haven't really played with it much myself.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  4. toorbellino

toorbellino New Member

Hi all,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I think the problem was firsts labs in NetSim are too easy, I did more labs and now I can read the instructions first and then try to solve it, firsts labs when you read the instruction the solution was so simple, that's because I was confused, sorry!

I also tried GNS3 witch mac os x, in gns3vault you can find lots of labs. I'm still testing this labs...

And also I tried Packet tracer. I'm still testing the software and labs.

Thanks again and best regards!