Help Desk level 1 question and promotion.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Ifailed, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Ifailed

Ifailed Bit Poster

So.. how many calls do you actually get when you are working at help desk level 1 on small to medium size company? I suppose shift time effects call volume too but do you actually get bathroom break time for every hour or does phone ring non-stop?

Also, how long does it usually take level 1 technician move to level 2? Is it possible to move up in 1-2 years or do you need like 3+ years like most job requirement say?

2. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

If you use lots of brain dumps you should be able to move up to level 3 within 6 months of your first job.

Jaron78 likes this.
  3. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

LOVE THIS!!!

4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Ok, being the old CF guard and seeing as no-one else has picked up on this, Braindumps are bad, you should not use them as they will not help your knowledge and any certificate you gain can be revoked and you can be banned from taking any other exams if/when caught. There are plenty of "discussions" that have occurred on here over the years regarding brain dumps so feel free to have a search.

That being said years ago when I was on first line for a police authority we would average about 100 call's a shift each but even then you could take breaks whenever you wanted, 1st line is not a sweat shop or at least it certainly shouldn't be so bathroom breaks etc is not really a thing you just get up and go.

Working for a smaller company I would expect less calls but then you might be expected to handle more of the call process or dig deeper into the problem than I used to before escalating it.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Myself and Jaron78 have picked up on this in other threads but after pointing this out he called Jaron a sarcastic hypocrite ha ha .

He seems to think that using braindumps and failing means that its ok to use them but never really explains properly as he thinks using a book is sort of cheating too.

I normally say IT isnt for some people, on this though i think Ifailed isnt for IT. He isnt prepared to put the leg work and also as we all know in IT there isnt always that easy fix, you will have to sit down and research issues, something which a braindump will not cover.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
    Jaron78 likes this.
  6. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

5-10 i do, it depends really but average I will say 6 per day, most Ive done is 14

PS: lets let the braindumps thing go now..

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  7. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

Yeah, my reply was facetious.