Hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Mikeeeee, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Mikeeeee

Mikeeeee New Member

Hi everyone,

Where shall I start...

I found this site after answering an ad in the paper for UK IT Training, it sounded a bit dodgy so I found this site via Google.

I am currently 32 and have only had a little formal training; GCSE Computer Studies, BND Computer Studies and then did a Computer science degree (which I failed due to the boring ness of it - and perhaps a bit of immaturity, it was 12 years ago)

Up until 2 months ago I had been working for Whitbread as a Senior Technical Support Analyst (i.e. 3rd line support and a bit of project management) but was made redundant due to restructuring and removal of technical support.

I have been looking for jobs but most of them want MSCE's etc and although I have 6 years experience I know that a CV won't even get looked at without the qualifications if they are specified.

I would like to get qualified but do not know who is best to go with or which qualification would be best to do. I have looked at the training camp which offers 14 day residential, which I would be suited to as I would prefer the fast paced study - I don't want to be wasting loads of money but obviously am prepared to invest in my future (I am even prepared to go back to waiting tables during the evenings to allow myself a full time course during the days !)

Can anyone help with some suggestions of what to do and who with ? I have read a few posts on here and most of them seem to say that there are a lot of unhappy trainees out there.

I look forward to chatting to all of you and hearing your advice (please someone tell me some happy endings as I have seen loads of horror stories !)

Mike

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings Mike. Welcome to CertForums. I hope we can help you in your pursuits and help you create the "happy ending" you are looking for.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Create your own happy ending, and stop depressing yourself with everyone else's deluge. Seems that a few people out there only want to give an opinion when it's a bad one :dry :p

Have fun on the site!! We're all here to help. Well, the ones that know things. *looks at everyone else*

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. KeithNN

KeithNN Byte Poster

Hi Mikeeeeeeeeeeee (oops, got a bit carried away there!) and welcome aboard. You sound like a perfect candidate for self-study to me! Get a book for each subject and you're well away (cheaper too!). If you've got all that experience you won't need a training provider will you?

Certifications: MCSA/MCSE, MCDST, MOS Mstr, Sec+,Net+,A+
    WIP: 70-284
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

G'day Mike - welcome aboard. I think Arroryn sums it up well here - ignore the donwbeat stories - you do sound suited to the task in hand, and there are plenty success stories out there, not least a good few just around or humble boards.

Good luck, and stick around mate :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Can't argue with the above, welcome to the forum :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  8. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings Mike :D

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290