1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by he-is, Jan 5, 2008.

1. he-is

he-is New Member

Hello to everyone

I currently work for a transport business doing IT Support only started there in October and love it, i am 32 years old and currently hold MCDST Certification.

Previous job didnt really give me much hands on experience so i managed the MCDST ok but struggled with going any further.

I am wondering weather to carry on and try to get my MCSA i have done all the official Microsoft courses and need 3 More exams, i am thinking as i am now using Windows Server 2003 on a daily basis it may improve my chances. (Anybody who has done the exams please feel free to comment)

However i am happy where i am and they really are not Qualification insistant it is more a case of if you can do your job they are happy, so i wondered weather to have a go at the A+ Exams as i have read the book many times and have been running my own business on the side Fixing and Upgrading PC's for a few years now i thought i might enjoy the A+ exams.

Anyway please feel free to repsond i always value any ones opinion and am really to open to suggestions.

Certifications: MCDST
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi welcome :)

A+ might be idea if you feel it'll help.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. wagnerk

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF, glad you joined :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  4. Node

Node Byte Poster

Hi, well if your working in a live server 2003 enviroment i dont see why you shouldnt take your certification further, go for the MCSA and good luck!

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE,
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. BosonMichael

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Hello & Welcome

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :) !

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012