1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Here's Sonali - a newcomer

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by sonali, Aug 15, 2008.

1. sonali

sonali New Member

Hello to everyone here on this forum.

I am an IT professional. I have Bachelors and Masters degree in computer science with good educational record. I have 2 years of teaching experience as a Lecturer in Graduate and Post graduate colleges at India. I have migrated to UK in the end of 2006. After coming to UK I no longer want to continue in the teaching line as here the scenario in teaching field is different. For lecturer job one needs a PhD and not enough salary plus I have Indian accent. I thought Development side is good to change career line.

Fortunately I got a good job in lonodn as a Systems analyst at an IT company and I was working from home to mind my kid but it was temporary job for 4 months. After completing that job I was passively looking for a job which allow me to work from home but I didn't find one. Now I am searching for a full time job ( without working from home) from 4 months and meanwhile I have passed MCTS for SQL Server 2005 but I found no change in the response from the consultants before and after the certification. I want to get a job of a s/w programmer or Web Developer or Database related role.

What should I do? What is the hope for me to absorbed in Development market. Can I go toward teaching line? Should I go for certifications first?

All help is welcome. I will appreciate your help.

2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

I personally do not know much about your chosen area of expertise. However, I'm sure some of the folks around here will lend a hand.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. Amine

Amine Byte Poster

Welcome to CF and good luck!

WIP: Exchange
  7. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  8. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

From your academic record and work experience I don't see why you would need any certs. You're in a better position already than certs can provide, imo. So work with it and start applying now.

Welcome and good luck! :)

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  9. stutheview

stutheview Byte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP 70-270 70-290
    WIP: 70-291
  10. sonali

sonali New Member

-- I also believed the same which you are saying. But I am not getting good response from the recruiters although I am getting good response from the consultants.

11. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Glad to hear it :)

...Because I missed the initial 'hello's..... Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  12. sonali

sonali New Member

Thank you All.

13. sonali

sonali New Member

Thanks mate.