1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello all :)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by cHk4, May 31, 2007.

1. cHk4

cHk4 Nibble Poster

Hello every one. Got a interview with a guy from NITLC or something like that! I am looking to get out this dead end job and do what I have always wanted to do, get in to ICT. For many years I have wanted to do a Microsoft Cert. I want to become a programmer.
    Just reading through a few things trying to find out what’s best and what not. There are a few courses I have been told about in regards to it, there are 4 different courses. I am looking to do the "All singing, All Dancing" one. The guy phoned me up yesterday and seemed like a nice guy. I ultimately want to get in to programming applications and what not, and my dream to make a MMO or develop my own OS. Dabbled in VB,HTML etc when I was younger and its what I have always wanted to do.

If any one has any advice please feel free to PM me :)
    Thanks for reading,
    and hello :D

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCTS
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Have a read in the forums here about cheaper ways of achieving your goal!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Agreed, I find that most (not all) private training companies charge over the top. If you do want to go to class, try your local college (alot of colleges are becoming MS/Cisco/Comptia academies), there is also the option of self-study. There is really no one way for all, that's why the different methods of study.

Oh yeah, welcome to CF :)

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  4. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Welcome cHK4, I agree with the other posts as well.
    Don't let the salesman talk you into a course thats not related to what you want to ultimately do. and DON'T SIGN ANYTHING there and then (no matter if the salesman says its a limited offer: thats one of their favs)

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  6. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Welcome to CF!:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  7. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Hello and Welcome.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP