Has anyone out there done PDI+? No, didn't think so...

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by Trogdor, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Hey all, my employer is pretty keen on me doing the PDI+ for printers, scanners, MFPs etc. I just see it at more time away from the Cisco and MS certs I am keen to get under my belt. :x I guess some more letters for the CV will not do any harm. Any thoughts?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  2. JSH333

JSH333 Byte Poster

I'm keen to do this one actually :D

I've found the comptia certs I've done so far a very good study, also CTP+ i fancy doing when I get the time.

I guess there are more useful certs out there but hey, like you said, more letters :biggrin

Id just grit my teeth and do it, its an entry level cert anyway as far as I'm aware so won't be too challenging. You never know, may even enjoy it!

Cheers

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Trogdor

You are very right sir! :biggrin I am just a bit snowed under with the CCNA stuff I am doing at the moment and had my eyes on the MCSA shortly after, so the introduction of another cert to study for sort of threw me off balance slightly. I should be able to sit PDI+ quite soon with all the time I have spent in the field as a printer engineer. It should be more like certifying what I already know and filling any knowledge gaps.

Thanks for the reality check!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
  4. JSH333

JSH333 Byte Poster

It sounds like you could comfortably breeze it!

As your're an ex printer engineer, I'd just get a concise revision guide. Not sure what's available but dosn't sound like you'd need an all encompassing text book.

I read the all-in-one book for network+ cover to cover and passed the exam with little experience in 10 days....

So consider that a benchmark :lol:

Quicker you do it the quicker you can concentrate on everything else!

Cheers

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

My personal opinion is that it is a good cert to have, however it's not what I would consider "mainsteam" IT. Rather, imo, it falls within the realm of office equipment (eg like photocopiers) which is related to IT, instead of being IT.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Trogdor

Basically, myself and one other in our team are the only ones who work with printers and to work on stuff that is still in warranty we need to have pinter certs. I agree that it is a good cert to have as well, especially as it is not one of the mainstream ones. Standing out from the crowd and all...

Had a look at materials for this. No revision guides :( but the study guide for it is only about an inch thick so no worries. Should be lighter reading when CCNA makes my head hurt... :)