Gretingd XD

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Atreiya, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Atreiya

Atreiya New Member

Hi everyone...

Well, I guess im the new nub around here, so let me introduce myself a little.

I'm 21 years old, I live near Nottingham, UK, and I am, to a certain point, leaning towards becoming a web designer/programmer.

I read some posts here today, after looking for information about training provider NITLC, and, after reading said posts, have decided NOT to go ahead any pay £3.8K for the CIW course...

However, I would like some advice, goin along a self-study route, on how I can achieve my goals...

I started out in IT maybe 3 years ago, when I was given a PC. I began to get more and more interested in the area, and even more so in the web side of things. I've never had any proper training, all I know is self-taught, and to be honest.. its not too much.

I can design, plan, and write a basic-ish website with html/xhtml/css/ a little javascript, but I do not fully have the grasp of javascript yet.

The longer I spend playing around with these things, the more sure I am that I want to learn more, and eventually to pursue a career in this area. My only drawback, is that I've no clue where to start.. so help me out please guys?! :D

Thanks in advance to all who post hereafter... might be a day or so before I can get online again..

Certifications: ECDL :/
    WIP: Not sure yet...
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi and welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF! 8)

I don't do web design but, I am sure if you ask in the CIW part of the forum, there will be those who have or are studying for the CIW certs who can assist you.

5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF!:D

Good luck with the studies!

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA