1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a Temp Job! Thanks!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by wossy, Sep 15, 2010.

1. wossy

wossy New Member

So basically i got a phone call after signing upto recruitment sites saying there looking for someone to work immediately, its providing "basic technical support" through a company to a college/university for 2-3 weeks. It's a basic networking job i think as they were asking stuff regarding IP addresses, just a bit worried that they may ask a bit too much from me as networking isn't my strongest field i also just finished college with a BTEC (im 17) so i'm looking to step in to IT what a great experience this will be though..they'll provide training and i get paid :D

other then that i'm well chuffed and want to say thanks because i got most of the help from here!

Wish me Luck i'm going to need it i think!

edit : anyone done anything like this before? anyone know what it consists of? thanks!

2. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

Congrats, I would not worry about it, They will probably have a well used script for most issues and people around to assist and train, it would be very unusual to just give you a phone and pc and tell you to get on with it. Just enjoy it and learn what you can from them :)
    As a last resort you could ask if "They have tried turning it off and on again" :) lol

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  3. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Congrats!

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  4. wossy

wossy New Member

Thanks guys, the college/uni students are older then me so thats a bit daunting.. but its "freshers week" so i'll be assisting the new students settle in with there IT problems i think.

This experience will really help me though and yeah I hope to enjoy and learn what i can whilst i'm there :)

5. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Well done m8 good luck with the job :clap

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA