1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got 70-270, just!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by oilovlam, Feb 6, 2007.

1. oilovlam

oilovlam Bit Poster

I knew it would be difficult, and it was! Had plenty of time (135 minutes) and I needed every last nano-second. But I scraped a pass with 715. Would have been nice to have scored a little higher but considering that I had to do a lot of educated guessing I'm happy.:)

The 70-290 awaits, after some serious studying. Bring it on!

Certifications: CCNA, 70-270, SCJP 5
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats mate, good stuff! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

A pass is a pass. Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Quarky

Quarky Byte Poster

Well Done Bud !!

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you roughly before you felt ready for the exam ? I've got the 270 next but i haven't started yet.

Carl :D

Certifications: A+,270,271,272 (MCDST)
    WIP: Master CIW
  6. oilovlam

oilovlam Bit Poster

It took me 1 year from when I started to when I actually took and passed the exam. But I got distracted! I guess the amount of time required before you're ready depends on a lot of things:
    - How organised you are
    - What learning material you have (Sybex book, Transcender & CBTNuggets for me)
    - How much hands-on experience you have
    - How quickly you grasp the concepts
    - How good you are at keeping motivated

I guess that one of the hardest things is deciding when you're ready to take the test. Since I only scraped a pass I was only just ready. I was getting 68% in my last set of Transcender tests and that could be a good indication when you're ready

Got made redundant a couple weeks ago. :( That gave me the time and motivation to complete my studies and take the test.

Certifications: CCNA, 70-270, SCJP 5