Good morning

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by zac, Oct 5, 2005.

1. zac

zac New Member

Hi I’m Zac
    I was about to singed up for the A+ followed by the M.C.S.E. with Computeach, but after reading some of the threads here I’m getting a bit worried. Please can anyone give me advice on what to do next? I have also had a rep from I.T. Skills round; does anyone have any information on them? It’s so exciting to finally be making steps toward my new career. But the prospect of spending almost 5K on a course that people are struggling to complete the foundation is scaring me.
    Please help
    Zac

WIP: A+
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Zac. Welcome to Certforums. I can't help you with advice on these training providers since I've not had any direct experience with them. I'm sure a few of the others will be along in a bit to give you their ideas. Cheers. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. zac

zac New Member

Thanks tripwire45 for the reply
    I’ve spent the last two hours reading the threads and they have answered my questions. I’m so glad that I didn’t take my girlfriend’s advice and “sleep on it”.
    So I have decided to take a step back, get the Mike Meyers A+ book and think long and hard before starting any course. At least then I will know if I won’t to go the whole hog with the M.C.S.E. In the morning when the man from Computeach calls I will politely decline the offer of a place.
    My advice to all the other newbies out there is none of us know if we are cut out for this industry as yet. So it make a lot more sense to get a book and some understanding before spending x amount on something that we might not achieve.
    Thanks to everyone on the threads for some top advice.

Zac

4. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

hi zac and welcome to the forums!

im glad you found the answers to what you were looking for here and hope you stick around for more in the future! :biggrin

Certifications: ECDL
  5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi there! Welcome to CF! :biggrin

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi xac - glad you found us. Welcome aboard :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.:D

It seems like you found the answers you needed and also the advice we would have given anyway. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. Missy

Missy Byte Poster

Hi Zac...
    Welcome to CF....hope you enjoy your stay..
    Missy

Certifications: 15 credits NOCN Art and Design,Portrait.
    WIP: NOCN in Art and Design Advanced
  9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi Xaq,

There are always pro's and con's to everything.
    If you can be strict with yourself and commit to reading/repairing Windows PC's there is no reason why you couldn't get yourself A+ certified. I did, and i was learning about Computing at the same time!
    If then you want to progres and feel the MCSE route is what you want you may want to pay a trainer as there is more envolved and feel the money is well spent on tech support.

Best of luck

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  10. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome to the forum :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  11. zac

zac New Member

Hi everyone
    I just ordered my copy of A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide £28:00 at Amazon.
    That’s quite good compared to the £1650 at Computeach were asking. The rep I spoke to this morning did sound a bit gutted when I told him that I would not be enrolling for the full 5K.
    I plan to see how far I can get with self study for the A+ and then look into a training provider For the M.C.S.E.
    I spoke to a chap from IT learn easy this morning, seamed nice and no hard sell. So I might give them a try.
    Thanks for all the support this is a very friendly site. I will definitely with lots of dumb questions in the coming months

Zac

12. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Glad we could help, Zac.

On a side note, I notice your username is "xac" but you sign "zac". If this was a typo when registering, drop me a PM and I'll sort it out for you :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  13. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Hello and welcome to CertForums! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+