Good God

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jaron78, May 6, 2016.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

I am bored.
    Watching some American guy waffle on about IDS, IPS and HIDS on a Friday night.

When did I become so Rock and Roll?
    This Study lark had so better be worth it :yawn:

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Lol! yeah tell me about it, its hard to stay motivated.

Jaron78 likes this.
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

22 courses into my free pluralsight subscription, yah its tough !

Jaron78 likes this.
  4. Jaron78

7 more CBT Nuggets videos and I am calling it a night :)
    Good luck chaps!

5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Sad thing is Ive not really used my free subscription.. Couldnt find many useful videos so signed up to lynda. Currently watching a networking vid on pluralsight but after that I doubt I will move to a paid sub, my free sub ends next month.

Jaron78 likes this.
  6. Jaron78

I must admit, I wasn't keen on the Pluralsight videos. I have the CBT Nuggets Net+ which I am working through though and really enjoying them.

7. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I like the pluralsight ones but doubt ill carry on the subscription, I mean you can get the resources from anywhere nowadays. I agree, its hard to find the motivation and also when it doesnt sink in first time.

One thing I did notice the other day is the powershell stuff is starting to make sense, an example was instead of using FSRM (file system resource manager) to check a quota for student disk space, I can now search using powershell with a username which is a lot easier than using the GUI. Next thing I want to do, as well as search the user and see how much space they have, is give them more quota space if needed.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  8. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Well I've just discovered an interesting course on pluralsight which is around 15 hours long so I may have to just purchase an extra month or something as I'd like to watch the course

9. Jaron78

How are you finding Powershell Ed?
    Work have told us that they will be sending us all on a week long training course at QA for Powershell.

Must admit, I am really looking forward to it!

10. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Luckiest man alive you are, your company seems really good, like when companies invest in their employees.. I've had to pretty much train myself just to stay in the job.. Which I dont mind but traininf is not cheap when buying books and online courses etc.

11. Jaron78

I wouldn't go that far mate :)

They may be sending me on a Powershell course, but the Network+, CCNA and Linux+ (Exam and Study materials) are all coming out of my own pocket.

12. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Im liking powershell, however I want to get more into it. Where I work I hardly get the time to sit down and actually work through it as much as I would like. I wish my place of work would purchase something for us in along the lines of training to get a better understanding, as it is at the moment i just chip away at bits.

I will push myself forward with powershell mind it would be stupid not too.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  13. Jaron78

I know what you mean. I was trying to get to grips with it during lunch breaks but the amount of times people would come up to me and ask about "Their" issue when I was obviously reading and having my lunch was a joke. Block booked one of the small meeting rooms every day at 1 till 2 now so I don't get disturb with Net+ study!