George Carlin

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Matty14388, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Matty14388

Matty14388 New Member

It feels a little strange with my first proper post accept for my introduction post to not be about computers at all, and i feel a bit sad to actually be doing it, but i was on this forum when i found out today and just thought i'd write something here about it, George Carlin was a famous comedian that surely some of you have probably heard of, i'd be suprised if nobody had anyway, George Carlin died of heart failure yestaday at 6pm american western time, i almost couldn't believe it when i was told by my friend, a legend has left us, i read a poem that was posted by rosey on these forums that was writed by george carlin, and its words mean more now he has died, if you haven't heard of the man you can watch some of his live shows on youtube, youtube user DiavoloDiAno has most if not all of his stuff.

I promise not to be so depressing in the future :P

Certifications: Laziness+
    WIP: a+
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'm old enough to have been a fan of his. I still remember listening to his Class Clown album (back in the days of vinyl) when he introduced me to the "Seven Words You Can't Say on Television". He will be missed. :cry:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

My mom used to listen to him when she was a teenager, so needless to say, all the vinyl that she had was passed down to me. I was (well, still am) a huge Carlin fan. I was pretty bummed to hear that on the news yesterday.

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822