Gaming Job !

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by UKDarkstar, Jul 23, 2009.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Now here's a rather unusual role that I spotted on one of my job emails today. Don't see this sort of thing advertised often ! :eek:

War Games Role Player: Job Details
    Our client is a leading defence/aerospace multinational, that through continued growth and business wins, now requires a War Games Role Player. This is an exciting position for a gaming enthusiast, as you will be involved in the following responsibilities:
    -you will be using windows based simulator programs playing the enemy, flying planes and driving boats, communicating with students who will be defending themselves in war based games
    -need good communication skills, as commands are done over a voice network and pc / keyboard skills to use the simulator
    -desirable is a navy background[not essential]
    -To support training exercises by Role Playing as any of the following:- Cubicle Operator, Aircraft controller Fixed and Rotary wing, Aircraft Pilot fixed and Rotary wing, Officer Of the Watch, Game Controllers Assistant, Wide Area Picture Compiler, RAF Liaison, Picture Reporter both Air and Surface, Tactical Voice Operator.
    -Able to achieve SC Clearance
    This position will be initially a 6 month fixed term contract with extension possibilities paying £14301 pro rata. For any further information, please forward your cv asap.

:biggrin Any takers ? (if you're seriously interested send me a PM and I'll send the details on - it's based in fareham btw)

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I want to play with the real things :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I would have liked to go for it if:

1. it was closer to home
    2. the job was permanent and
    3. the pay was better

:(

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

is it just me or does it sound like Ritchie Rich is looking for a playmate.:biggrin

WIP: C++ and A+
  5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Games tester is my ultimate retirement / part time role :D

Just another 30 years to go . . . . :eek:

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs