1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flash 8 problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by philbenson, Jul 26, 2006.

1. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

Using Flash 8, how can you apply a shape tween to a symbol which has been converted into a movie clip?

Whenever I try, I get the green background in the timeline between the keyframes along with a dotted or dashed line. When I try to run the tween, I see the first frame and last frame only. All other frames are blank.

I have a tutorial CD in which the trainer does this and it seems to work for him!

It works for a motion tween OK though, and also for a shape that hasn't been converted to a symbol. I can't figure it out.
    Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

You certainly ask some tough questions Phil, I just wish I had an answer for you but flash anime is not my forte :oops:

BUMP - anyone here a tween freak?
    Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

mate - does this help?
  4. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

Many thanks for that - I'll have a read. Since writing the question, I've since loaded the project file supplied with the training package and that works! So why it doesn't when I do it I haven't the foggiest! There must be some Flash experts out there who can tell me how its done.
    Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

when creating Motion Tweens you must check the following:-

1) in the timeline when you apply the tween it is represented by a dotted line in each frame, indicating motion tween in progres, but not yet complete.

2) move to end of your motion clip to insert keyframe. F6 inserts a key frame into the timeline

without the key frame the line (arrow) will apear dotted and will only be solid when insert the end key frame.

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+