1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fibre Optic Training Course

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by wagnerk, May 25, 2009.

1. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Hey guys/girls,

Was wondering if anyone has done this course? How did you find it? If you've done a different fibre optic training course/actually do fibre optic installs, what does this one sound like to you? Is it missing anything?

We already do CAT5/6 installs ourselves, however I'm currently looking to develop extra skills and maybe save some of my budget along the way over the next few years.

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  2. leosdelsol

leosdelsol Banned

never done any courses at all on cable installation so cant comment, but it looks an interesting course and after a quick look on the web cable installation jobs seem to pay well. Have you done a course on cat utp or stp cabling?

Certifications: HND Computer networking, 70-271
    WIP: A+
  3. wagnerk

My Network+, plus on the job training :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

No, but thanks for the link, Ken - well worth a look, me thinks!

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I did my Cat5 course way back when with Connectix who certified you to ISO standards - for a fee they would also spot check some of your installations to confirm the standards had been met too.

Have a look at the training they offer too as a few years back when fibre was coming in they certainly pioneered easy termination kits etc.

Details here

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  6. wagnerk

Thanks mate,

A one day course sounds better, I'll have to see about the price though.

-Ken

7. leosdelsol

leosdelsol Banned

when you get a price could you post it up , im interested :)

Certifications: HND Computer networking, 70-271
    WIP: A+
  8. wagnerk

The 2 day course I found is £499 + VAT, the 1 day course UKD found is £350 + VAT.

Just e-mailed my manager to see if there's any money in the budget for either :)

-Ken