1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Films

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Phil, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

I was watching The Last Samurai for the third time the other night on sky, it's becoming one of my favourite films that I can go back and enjoy time and again without getting bored.

I was wondering what other peoples favourite films were. Other favourites of mine include The life of Brian, The fifth element and Dogma.

I watched King Arthur the other night, which was ok though I had a hard time believing a Roman Cavalry unit consisted of half a dozen men who managed to defeat a Saxon army. Now if they made a film of Bernard Cornwell's Arthur trilogy, that would be worth watching....... assuming they stayed true to the books of course :)
    Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

All Dogs Go To Heaven. that about sums it up for me! lol!

And a shiny penny to anyone else who remembers (and likes) that film!
    Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. AJ

AJ Administrator Administrator

The Blues Brothers for me. I can watch that film again and again and always end up crying with laughter. esp that bit where he drops Carrie Fisher in the mud :biggrin

"It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've gotta full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

"Hit it!!!"

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Looking at doing ..................
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

The Last Samuri is indeed a nifty film, as is Dogma (or any films with Jay and Silent Bob in) :)

I always liked Tin Cup, call me lame, but im a big costner fan, most of his movies i have enjoyed (even waterworld, which people said sucked for some reason)
    Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I'm with AJ on the Blues Brothers (in fact, the two of us have occasionally been known to do a bit of a routine from it after a beer or two)

Also, I still love the quaint charm (amongst other obvious attractions) of Some Like It Hot, esp. the closing line:

"Oh well, no one is perfect ...."

That gets me every time :)
    Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'm too tired to really think about my favorite films. Some aren't even very good movies...just fun. I don't know if this is a "favorite film" but I like the dialogue:

"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five?
    Well...in all this excitement...I kind of lost count myself.
    Now you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky.
    Well do ya...punk?"

:blink :biggrin
    Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. AJ

AJ Administrator Administrator

That's Gav doing the Admin bit isn't it :blink
    Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Looking at doing ..................
  8. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Yup, and I get worried every time lol:ohmy
    Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada