1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failed exam with transcender, getting refund

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Blade3, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Blade3

Blade3 New Member

Hi,

I brought a Transcender exam engine back in November. I took the exam just before the window for a refund if I fail my exam expired (90 days) and emailed the company's support for this refund as I failed. Unfortunately, I have had no response yet after a couple of weeks-month. Has anyone experienced in anything like this?

How can I get my refund?

Thanks

2. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

I havent, all I can say is keep trying to contact them, maybe give them a call.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

I would be on the phone to them straight away. If I were you I would give them a call tomorrow rather than just waiting on the chance that they will honour the refund.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
  4. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

So, you bought some practice exams from transcender, and failed your exam? and now you want a refund despite being out of the refund time? Am I missing something here. Just because you failed your exam doesn't mean your owed a refund.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  5. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

Yes, he failed the exam just before the refund time expired not after it.

And I quote
    Which is from the Transcender website here

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
  6. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

That's quite nice of transcender isn't it. Never knew they did that.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

they do allegedly but only after they correct the spelling mistakes and errors in their exams :twisted:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What else did you use to prepare for the exam?
    Which exam was it?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  9. BosonMichael

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Many practice exam providers offer a money-back guarantee...

...but you'll need to use that guarantee far more often with some providers than you will with others. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. jk2447

jk2447 Petabyte Poster Moderator

I've heard Boson are good . . . . :biggrin

Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV
  11. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

True. The newer ExSim Max packages I've seen are excellent. :)

12. BosonMichael

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Props and thanks to you both. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. KaplanIT Developer

KaplanIT Developer Bit Poster

Hi All,
    I wanted to share that we honored Blade3's refund on 2/18 once he provided us the necessary documentation on 2/17.

Here is the email we received from the customer:

Subject: RE: Refund
    Hi,

Thanks. I’m impressed with the ease of getting a refund.

My apologies for any ambiguity with purchase dates/exam dates.

I will use Transcender in the future but this is my last exam (my employer is a MS Gold Partner and they usually put tech staff on training courses so I will wait for that to happen).

I would urge any customer who is eligible to get a refund during the 90 day period to follow up with us at: http://www.transcender.com/contactus.asp.

KaplanITDeveloper
    www.transcender.com