Failed 70-290 with 678, but queried a question during the exam

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by j1mgg, May 7, 2013.

1. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

So I sat the test today and failed it, I have a second shot so will go back to the books and study for that.

The thing is one of the simulation boxes that gives you the question and choice of answers while in the simulation was different from the main screen. So answer c on the simulation and answer d in the main bit. I got the examiner in while doing my exam to show him and also had to write a note ate the end.

Any knows what happens here, I may of got it correct and it has went towards my score, I may have got it wrong and it hasn't, the answer I may have put may have been correct in the simulation answer choices but wrong in the main page choices or vice versa as it was just the abcd part that was different. The 4 answers were the same in each part but just against different letter.

I am it pinning my hopes on this but would like to know

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  2. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Sorry, I don't quite follow. Why does the letter of the answer matter?

3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I think he's saying they didn't match up, so in the main screen it said for example:
    1 = 1
    2 = 2
    3 =3
    4 = 4

But then in the answer section, it would say:

1 =1
    2 = 2
    3 = 4
    4 = 3

So then you don't know which one it is being scored against. If you think the answer was 3 for example, do you click 3, which in the main window says it is 3, or do you click 4, which in the answer window says it's 3.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  4. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

How much did you fail by?

Sorry, seen it in the subject. Depends how it goes then. That probably is literally one mark.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  5. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

I ain't holding out much hope, but yeah the answer I was going to choose was option c in the simulation, but the answer was option d on the actual bit you select you multiple choice answer.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Surprised nobody else has seen that problem - the 70-290 has been around for a while now.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

I'm wondering if it's a mistake brought in by Microsoft swapping the order of answers around to reduce cheaters.