Exchange 2010 SP1 ADAccess warnings.

Discussion in 'Software' started by LukeP, Mar 17, 2011.

1. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

I've recently started getting warnings in Event Logs saying:

Code:
    Process Microsoft.Exchange.RpcClientAccess.Service.exe (PID=2780). 
    Object [CN=XX,OU=Other,OU=Accounts,OU=Head Office,DC=XXXXX,DC=local]. 
    Property [HomeMTA] is set to value [XXXXXX.local/Configuration/Deleted Objects/Microsoft MTA
    DEL:9882ccf1-4f2f-43b6-8d70-4b5c8d37bb91], it is pointing to the Deleted Objects container in Active Directory. 
    This property should be fixed as soon as possible
    For few different users.

Our environment has been upgraded from Exchange 2003 (transitioned) and after digging in ADSIEdit I've noticed that this HomeMTA property is indeed set to deleted old Exchange server for some users. I've also managed to recognise the pattern:

All mailboxes are on new Exchange server and the old server has been decomissioned ages ago. Warnings started appearing on the 14th of March this year (3 days ago).

- Users created on new Exchange server will have a correct HomeMTA
    - Users created on old Exchange server that have been migrated to new server:
    a. Users that have an online archive enabled on the new Exchange server will have correct HomeMTA
    b. Users that don't have an archive enabled will have HomeMTA set to old Exchange 2003 server (deleted)

So... it seems that all new users or users that have been recently modified (enabled archive for example) will have the correct HomeMTA property and all users migrated across from old Exchange and not touched since then (but kept receiving emails, sharing calendars and so on) will have an old property set. Strange thing is that even with the old property set, the property above it has the right mailbox database on the right server configured.

I've just finished manually editing/checking properties for all users (only 60) but I was wondering if any of you who upgraded from Exchange 2003 to 2010 could have a look in ADSI Edit and see if they get the same thing going.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
    WIP: Uhmm... not sure