1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exam venues in the UK?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Basilios, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Basilios

Basilios New Member

Hi all,

Hopefully this is in the right sub-forum. For the life of me I cannot figure out where to book my A+ exam! I'm quite obviously not an internets n00b or lacking common sense, but so far I haven't been able to find anything. I emailed two places so far and all they did was offer me expensive training packages. Thankfully one of them was kind enough to understand I was self-studying and I asked him where I could take the exam - he gave me some links but they were all dead-ends (i.e. one of them actually was a dead link, the other two were for colleges offering training in Accountancy?!).

I live in Ipswich and I don't mind travelling into London. I just need a place to book! I feel slightly stupid asking this because I am sure I've probably just missed something somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks all :D

Certifications: ICDL
    WIP: A+, N+, S+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

https://securereg3.prometric.com/Welcome.aspx

:)

thats assuming Prometric still do CompTIA certs.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  3. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH
  4. Basilios

Basilios New Member

Thanks chaps.

The Prometric website doesn't seem to show anything for CompTIA unfortunately.

Pearson in my area leads me to the problem I had before - it shows me training centres! It's a bit of a head scratcher for me at the moment.

5. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  6. Basilios

Basilios New Member

Thanks mate - the link timed out but I've just emailed Pearson to get a straight answer instead of going around in circles. I must be an idiot; it just seems weird to me that none of the suggested venues advertise anything, and when I email them I get "Special price for you £1500 pass your A+ in 5 days!" offers but no information on just booking and writing the test :-D

I don't mind travelling! It's a necessary evil. I can't be picky, and coming from South Africa I'm used to driving over 100 miles to get anywhere decent!