Exam fees/latest edition books

Discussion in 'A+' started by joe public, May 24, 2008.

1. joe public

joe public New Member

Sorry if it's been answered on here before (I'm new),but what are the fees to sit A+ and N+ exams these days?

Also,what are the latest edition number Meyers A+ and N+ books?Is it 6 for A+?What is N+?

Certifications: MCSE (NT) MCP's
    WIP: A+,Net+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If you pay pearson vue or prometric for the A+ its £111 + VAT and I think the N+ is £159 however you can buy discount vouchers from www.gracetechsolutions.com which brings the price of the A+ to £107 no VAT to pay.

Just make sure you buy international vouchers as the normal vouchers are for the US and Canada.

The MIke Meyers all in one exam guide 6th edition is what you need for the A+ (Pc Technician street smarts would help too) and for the N+ its the Network + book by David Groth (4th edit)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. joe public

joe public New Member

Thank you kindly greeenbrucelee,much appreciated.

Certifications: MCSE (NT) MCP's
    WIP: A+,Net+
  4. systempsyche

systempsyche Nibble Poster

actually if you register with comptia you can get discounts of upto 25% off exams with pearson and thomson. I registered got discount voucher and enetered voucher number then only paid £98

Certifications: A+, network+, server+, mcdst, mcp, ccent
    WIP: mac integration, ACSP, ACTC
  5. Karismah

Karismah Bit Poster

Hi there,

Is it possible to register with CompTIA and get 25% off even if you don't hold any CompTIA certifications? How would you go about registering? Should you not be part of some sort of company set up to do that?

If this is for anyone, then I better go grab the discounts as soon as, it's pretty good savings, especially for me! :p

Is the Network+ 3rd Edition book by Mike Meyers not good enough? I've already bought it and can always return it and get David Groth's if that's the better alternative.

Thanks.

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+, Network+
  6. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I personally think the Mike Meyers N+ book is good. It is different in style to the Groth book. IMHO get both - they compliment each other.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  7. Hades

Hades Nibble Poster

Sorry If I am sounding a little dumb... but is that £107 for the entire A+ (both exams) or for just 1 exam? :oops:

Certifications: City & Guilds Diploma in ICT level 2+3
  8. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist New Member

Hi guys, I'm also considering self studying for the A+. I know I can order the books and pay to take the exams from a local centre when I'm ready, but if the worst happens and I fail or something do I have to pay the full fee all over again? Or is there a lower fee to resit?

Thanks.

9. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi Cunning, unfortunately if the exam is not passed then you'd have to pay the full wack to have another go and another if need be. I knew of someone who kept sitting and failing the A+ exam and eventually he gave up on computers.

If you read the book and carry out as much hands on practice you'd pass, just take your time and study hard.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  10. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist New Member

That's what I thought. Thanks for your reply.

11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

£107 for each exam (£214 in total) from gractechsolutions if you pay pearsonvue or prometric its £266

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?