1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exam cost in oz

Discussion in 'A+' started by wkbi, Mar 11, 2009.

1. wkbi

wkbi Bit Poster

hi everyone,

I'm from Australia and consider take A+ exam, now I have check comptia website, the cost for A+ exam is whopping $A308, that's almost twice as much as in US:dry, so in order to get certify I need 601(essential) +602 (IT technician), does that mean I need to spent $A616 just to get certify...:(
    Certifications: A+
  2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Actually, $168 USD is equal to $A261... so it's only slightly more expensive ($A47), not twice as expensive.

Yes, if you want to get certified, you'll have to spend $A616. Consider it an investment in your career. Many people spend thousands (and tens of thousands) of dollars to get certified!
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. wkbi

wkbi Bit Poster

well, I base my calculation when Aussie dollar was high compare to US, that's several months ago, since then it has fall, guess need to take that into account:)
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Checkout some websites that do discount vouchers. I am not sure if these lot do discount vouchers for austrailia but have a look at www.gracetechsolutions.com in the UK the two A+ exams are £111 + VAT each which makes it about £260 these lot don't charge VAT and you get a couple of quid off so they cost £107 each.
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. jk2447

jk2447 Petabyte Poster Moderator

Hi WKBI, we are all in the same boat mate. Getting certified isn't cheap but as the saying goes, you've got to speculate to accumulate.

I am learning from home and am lucky in that my employer has agreed to pay for my exams.

A good option would be for you to look for jobs that state they invest in their staffs training.

A job that's not on as much money could be better in the long run if they are willing to pay for your A+ N+ training.

Best of luck
    Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV
  6. wkbi

wkbi Bit Poster

I think for me discount voucher has to be purchase from local testing centre, plus it's only few quids more:p, as for staff training, I don't think that's an option since I work in complete different industry:oops: