1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exam code

Discussion in 'Network+' started by ashley.s, Mar 4, 2012.

1. ashley.s

ashley.s New Member

Hello All,
    Hope you are doing fine. Since there is a new syllabus out which is N10-005 and it has been told that N10-004 will expire in 31 of August this year, so I am wondering if I take the exam now, which syllabus should i cover?

Hope to have a prompt reply on this

Rgds

2. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

you can do either, the new one will obviously cover newer technologies so may help you more.

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It doesn't matter, nobody cares.
    Network+ is Network+ is Network+.

The only questions you ever need to ask are:

1. Will I be able to get ready for the old exam before it retires?
    2. Is there enough quality training material/books etc available for the new syllabus yet?

Generally speaking it takes a while for books/courses to adapt to new exam revisions, but at the same time, the actual content isn't going to vary much. OK, processors may have got a bit faster, we might be talking Windows 7 rather than Vista and CRTs may have ceased to exist - but, whatever. If you study for the 'old' syllabus, it isn't going to be time wasted.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

i personally went for the 004 because i had the material for it and prof messer doesn't have a full set of videos for the 005 yet.

completely agree...

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
  5. TechTock

TechTock Byte Poster

Agreed. To be honest Network+ isn't really going to do anything for your CV but it's good for filling in gaps of knowledge or learning the basics so go for either versions.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician | PRINCE2 Foundation | VCP5
    WIP: Having a rest :-)