Ever heard about "CERCO" IT Training?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Elhaj, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

Hi all,

I have been contacted by these people Cerco, they explain to me on the phone that they are a recruitment agency and agreed to go and meet. when I done a net search I found out they are another TP with <<train now pay later regime>>.
    Has anyone been to their offices in London? please share your experience (if exists) as there is no point going to meet them if they are gonna offer me training and bull**** promises, im done with that.

thanks

Certifications: Bsc Economics, MCDST
    WIP: what's the point?
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

They are both a private training company as well as a recruitment agency. I can't say how good they are at training or at placing people, all I can say is my dealings with them:

I contacted them regarding training for my tech, the thing that put me off was when they said that at level 2 the MCDST will be part of the training. For level 3 the candidate will have the opportunity to gain a MCP.

Nuff said...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. TrueBlue

TrueBlue New Member

So Ken,

who did you end up using to train your tech?

4. jodie6

jodie6 New Member

hi, i did the course beginning of June, the course was 3 weeks long and i did learn a lot, but unfortunately they still haven't found me a job i live in Derbyshire, they told me after the course that they will find it hard to get me a job, unless i live in London, if you need any more help just email.

5. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

thanks for your reply.

6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Search the forum for other threads on this Elhaj. They've been mentioned on here before - they don't provide industry-standard training, so you will end up with qualifications that are absolutely worthless. In addition, as another poster pointed out earlier in the thread, if you don't live in london (presumably where most of their (ahem) 'partner' companies are based) they probably won't be able to find you a job.

Steer clear.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

We're currently using Cambridge Region College for the apprenticeships for him.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. fatp

fatp Byte Poster

yeah they got a **** rep for job placements after their course.

I have used jbc computers before.

9. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

thanks guys. Although I live in London I dont think they will be any good to me, at the moment Im not looking for training but work.maybe in the future.
    staying clear.:eek:

10. TrueBlue

TrueBlue New Member

Hey thanks, just another company for me to research for my own training.

11. Lewy

Lewy New Member

stay away buddy i done there course was all payed for by them as i was medical retired out of Ministry of Defence and it was a load of crap honestly they stand in front of you and read from a book and tell you all the answers it was a complete shambles and i feel sorry for the guys on the course who forked out £5000 for the course as it was complete S*** they promise you the earth but dont deliver!

me and 2 others got the courses for free but there were 15 of us on the course and they had to pay I keep in contact with 1 of the lads there i was on the course with and only 1 person got employment and not to be rasist or anything it was a Polish boy who lived in london who got an EPOS fix role

my advice

STAY AWAY

Lewy

12. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

Thanks mate, I have cancelled the meeting and Tabby tried to rebook the interview but I told her I am not interested. Did stay away. cheers
    by the way, did you manage to find a job dude? sorry if I sound nosy?