1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event ID: 1000. Source: Userenv

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Nelix, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Hi all,

Well I managed to get my main machine joined to the domain, (see DNS thread), I had to use the FQN to make it join, I also managed to get the machine Imaged, the server not validateing me during Ghost bootdisk process was caused by NetBIOS over TCP/IP being disabled on the server ????????.

However I am still unable to see the other machines on the network from any of the machine and I have recieved the following message in the event viewer on the server:

Source: Userenv
    Event ID 1000

Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1326).

After a quick google I came across this, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329708

As you can see from the above document The resolution is easy, on a normal machine, but I am experienceing the problem on a DC, so does this mean that I am going to have to run DCPromo to make it a stand alone server then do what the above doc says then run DCPromo again and set it all up from scratch or will the settings be retained when I run DCPromo the first time????
    Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-294
  2. kennywasswa

kennywasswa New Member

I have the same problem. Did you ever succeed in solving this?

3. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If so, I doubt he'd remember - this post is 3 1/2 years old. I have trouble remembering how I solved problems last week.
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!