1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ethical Hacker

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Richie1888, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Richie1888

Richie1888 Byte Poster

Hi Guys

I finish my MCITP in server admin tomorrow hopefully (touch wood and all that) and im looking for a change maybe something to do just for fun. I was going to jump straight in and attempt the VCP but think this might be more enjoyable.

Anyone done it ? what did you think of it ?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
    Certifications: See Sig
    WIP: Security+
  2. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Hope its not an English test :p

3. Richie1888

Richie1888 Byte Poster

:lol: lol'd when i saw that im the only IT guy in the world who struggles to talk and type at the same time :oops:

thats brilliant ive done some bad ones like that before but this is one of the best lol fingers crossed the test is multiple choice

4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Too right. Pedant Fail alert. :)

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. Richie1888

Richie1888 Byte Poster

ah was just reading the web site you have to prove 2 years experience before you sit the exam. although id be doing it for fun id have still like to have sat the exam.

ah well vcp i think

6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Seriously - I've done the CEH course. It was about four and a half years ago now. Pretty pointless, low-level stuff, and the vulnerabilities and scanning methodology you use is ridiculously out of date. Reasonable if you have no real in-depth security knowledge, but the requirement to have two years working in the security field is utter nonsense.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  7. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

zing! :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Richie1888

Richie1888 Byte Poster

is that right they make it out to be pretty good.

I went on cbt nuggets to see if they had a seris on it and the guy there was talking about the course giving out too much information for the public eye etc

is there a security course you think is better ?