1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EDST 7 sticky material?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by DryPlate, Jun 2, 2011.

1. DryPlate

DryPlate Nibble Poster

I have not passed EDST 7 myself, but could we make a sticky for the EDST 7 certification and for upgrading your MCDST or EDST to EDST 7? Maybe those who have done EDST 7 or are studying for it now could talk about their resources.

Since I'm taking the upgrade exam there are not specific books available but I am looking at the Windows 7, Configuring material. Also, Microsoft has a Windows 7 (70-685) learning plan with articles and links to MS Press books.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCDST, Apple Certified Associate
    WIP: CompTIA Network+, MCITP: EDST 7
  2. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

I thought that, as this is an 'upgrade' exam, it is expected that you study the full 680 & 685 material BUT are able to take one exam (the 682) instead of 2 separate ones. So the material for this is in fact the same as someone studying for the 2 exams separately.

That's how I thought it was anyway.

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  3. DryPlate

DryPlate Nibble Poster

True that is obvious I was curious about other's experience with the upgrade exam.. also I thought a EDST 7 sticky would be better then the EDST Vista sticky, since no one really wants to go that route.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCDST, Apple Certified Associate
    WIP: CompTIA Network+, MCITP: EDST 7