eBay Vouchers

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Gav, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could clarify the legality of exam vouchers purchased on eBay. I'm looking in particular at this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-Discount-...14&_trkparms=72:1690|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

I'm thinking, at that price, it may be worth taking a look at the 72-620 exam.

Thanks,

Gav

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

That looks to me that it is a voucher for the US. The vouchers for the UK and US are different i.e we pay more in the UK because we get ripped off and never complain about it. THe MS press books have 15% discount vouchers in them.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Well I contacted the seller, who said that it is an international voucher. It does expire very soon, so maybe that's the reason for the low price?

I was just wondering if there was any 'dodgy' method for acquiring vouchers that myself, as a newbie to the certification industry, didn't know about.

Gav

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

if its international then it should be fine, I am not sure if you can aquire stolen or forged vouchers I have got mine (for the A+ and N+) through gracetechsolutions.com and use the voucher in my 70-271 book for that exam.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I've spoken to the eBayer who says he's selling them for a friend who manages a training/test centre and has them left over.

Seems genuine enough.

6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Testing centres do get to buy vouchers in bulk, however they only valid for a year once they are purchased.

However the only thing that I'm worried about is that in the picture it says state: NY, Country USA.

I don't know...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I expect its a dreamspark voucher, they currently have free MCTS vouchers for students. The screen is an exam booking screen, its not the voucher location. Its not cheep, it should be free to students so its expensive ! I'm not sure if it should be sold on also.

8. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I looked at dreamspark but I'm not eligible. It's available to people in Further and Higher education only :(

9. Kitkatninja

No, high schools/secondary schools are eligible, however the school has to register for the vouchers & free software. I did it for my place. If you're friendly with the IT manager at your place, ask him to register the school for it :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  10. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Sounds good. How many vouchers can one student get. Is it just the one?

11. Kitkatninja

Yes it is just one per student.

-ken

12. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Thanks Ken.