Easy Touch.

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Reders, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Reders

Reders Bit Poster

I have seen on the mcse/mcsa newsgroups that some peeps think the
    70-218 is a bit controversial. (In that it is a somewhat an easy option to achieving the MCSA.)

At the risk of sounding a bit “thick” :Why is that?

Would appreciate any comments as the topic has started to cause me sleepless nights. (Starting to doubt my worth!) :( :(

2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

The only reason I can think that might be is that 218 covers the material from the core 4 exams, do them and you should be able to take 218 with little if any studying. Mind you I'm going off when I took it which is nearly 2 years ago now and I've heard they hardened it up a bit since. I'd be interested to hear other peoples opinions who have taken it more recently.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Interesting indeed. I hadn't heard that supposed story.

(Hope it's true, tho') :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I took it 12 months ago and whilst it wasn't the hardest M$ exam I had sat it wasn't the easiest. The questions, from memory, are difficult to understand with a lot of cr@p info given in the question itself. So you do have to spend a lot of time sorting out the dross from the fact.

anyway thanks honest view

Andrew

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong