Dumb easy question! How do I book A+ exam?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by GMCJones, Feb 28, 2008.

1. GMCJones

GMCJones New Member

Hi guys,

I know this is going to be a pretty simplistic question, but how do I go about sitting an A+ exam? Where can I go? (I live in Harrow at the moment) Who can I call to find somewhere to sit just the exam who isnt going to want me to pay for a course?

G

2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

For vouchers, you can buy International (make sure they are International... you can't use the US and Canadian ones) from www.gracetechsolutions.com.

For test centres, try www.prometric.com and www.pearsonvue.com.

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Just to add with what Giddy said once you register with vue or prometric you will be able to find your nearest test centre. When you buy a voucher you use the voucher code to pay for the exam or you can pay the test centre directly but you will pay more as VAT is added so its best to get a voucher and enter the voucher code on the vue or prometric web site.

And remember you must buy international vouchers (1 per exam) as UK vouchers were dis-continued.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. GMCJones

GMCJones New Member

excellent thanks very much. I'll look at those sites later this evening.

And thanks for the heads up on the voucher scheme

Thanks guys

5. trybar

trybar Nibble Poster

I went to a Prometric related company in Selby Centre in London, and I was paying only 110 pounds per exam - payed by cash, on-site, with some 20 mins awaiting time for exam to download, very nice people, very helpfull - next one will be there as well.

Tomorrow I should be able to confirm my exam results on CompTIA site.. ;)

Certifications: A+ MOS MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP:EST MCSA MCS
    WIP: MCITP Server 2008
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

did you not get a printout after the exam, this is what normally happens. Then after a few weeks you get the certificate through the post form Vancouver (I think)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. GMCJones

GMCJones New Member

It really is great being in the UK isnt it? Gracetechsolutions.com will sell me UK - International voucher for £107 however if I was to pay for my voucher in ANY other currency bar the Euro it would cost about £80!

Does anyone know if those vouchers are truly international? If I cklick the china/sri lanka / india button will I receive a voucher number I can use at a london test center?

Fingers crossed yoyu can tell me what I want to here :)

8. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

GMCJ,

It tells you on the site where you can use the International vouchers. I bought one for the MCAS pre-test a few weeks back with no probs whatsoever.

Just make sure that you buy an International voucher that you can use in the UK.

Giddy