Problem Drivers Issue for a E-System 1211 Laptop

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jaron78, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi Guys,

Been struggling with an issue all afternoon and its starting to get to me.

Background
    Friend of mine asked his Brother to Format and Upgrade his Laptop from Vista HB to Vista Prem.
    This was done and no problems. However, he didnt back up the drivers.

Situation
    Friend has asked me to install the drivers etc and get it all updated which I said yeah no problem. Downloaded and installed the drivers required and all worked fine except for the Realtek Wireless Card. Have done a search on the PC World Tech Guys Website and and the ones they supply do not work. I have been searching all day and as yet still not found the appropriate drivers. I am 99.9% sure the Wireless card is a Realtek but I am unable to locate the actual machine specs online.

Can anyone suggest a fix?

Cheers

Ron

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I cant find that model on emachines drivers page but here is the link to it http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Notebooks&subcat=G Series

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Jaron78

Many Thanks Bruce,

However, I am under the impression that E-Systems were exclusivley to Dixons (Now PC World) though I am probs totally wrong :D

Will check out the Website. Many thanks once again.

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Nah you can get emachines in most shops that sell computers, Argos, comet , currys.

There are sites that sell restore disks for them too, not sure how legit they are though.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Jaron78

Fixed :)

Took my External LinkSys Wifi Adapter and installed that (And the Drivers) into the Laptop. Using the Windows Search option it located the drivers for the internal Wifi Card. Uninstalled the LinkSys Drivers and Adapter and Bobs your Uncle Fannys your Aunt :biggrin