Displaying A+ certification on a résumé/curriculum vitae.

Discussion in 'A+' started by pinksweatsuit, Feb 22, 2013.

1. pinksweatsuit

pinksweatsuit New Member

I have recently attained A+ certification after passing 220-701 and 220-702. I have a few questions, however, which seem somewhat specific to how people look at A+. I'm trying to update my résumé, but I'm not certain what is the best way to include this, my first certification. Should I specify that my certification is according to the 2009 objectives? The 2011 update? Version 2? Do I need to include the "continuing education" since newer certficates expire? Could that be abbreviated, and if so, should the case I choose matter? It's "ce" on .pdf of the certificate. Should I include the date I was certified upon, or when the cert is valid through, or is that information best withheld, as a prospective employer should verify this on their own?

2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I just put CompTIA A+ and the month and year I passed.
    It's doubtful that anyone who is looking at your CV knows (or cares about) the in's-and outs of the A+ track so any more would just be CV noise and distract from the main piece of information.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. parman05

parman05 Byte Poster

I put CompTIA A+ the expiration date and the verification link.

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCTS WIN7 (70-680), MCITP WIN7 (70-685), MCSA WIN7, Linux +,LPIC-1, Novell CLA 11, SUSE 11 Tech Spec, DC Tech Spec
    WIP: 70-640, 70-642, security +, CCNA
  4. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

I'd put on the Logo and CompTIA A+ for as long as the A+ is valid.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  5. FreshenUp

FreshenUp Bit Poster

I just put CompTIA A+, no more detail as I've found that at most interviews I've been to they know next to nothing about the CompTIA stuff anyway. So I give them the details when they ask.

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70-680