1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DDR and BDDR selection process...

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by albertc30, May 3, 2009.

1. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Hello everyone.
    I am happy to let you all know that I have passed my voucher exam for my CCNA qualification, so I am left now with 4 more weeks to go and sit that final exam and hopefully pass it.
    In this voucher exam one of the questions was and I quote "which of the routers will take part in the DDR and BDDR selection process for the London router?" please see pic attached.
    I have forgotten it a bit but if memory serves me well the selection process goes by the highest priority set on all ports on every router, or highest IP address from a loopback interface or the highest IP address from a physical interface.
    But in the pic provided in the exam there was no IPs mentioned just links, a Frame-Relay link, a PPP link and 2 router connected by a switch.
    Any help really appreciated everybody.
    Cheers,

Attached Files:

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  2. paUK

paUK New Member

there is no need for DR/BDR on PPP links, as there will be only two routers on the link to exchange routing information

3. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

True... lol...
    That's what I was missing. Now that you have mentioned it, I do remember, lol, it has been a while.
    Cheers mate.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+