1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contacting Company Directly After Call From Agency

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by djw, Mar 5, 2012.

1. djw

djw Nibble Poster

Hi,

Might be a bit of an odd question, but is it bad form to contact a company directly about a vacancy after hearing about it from an agency? The only reason I ask is that I have heard about a position from an agency but the company that the job is at is actually advertising the job themselves on the radio and on their web site. So, could I go to them directly even though the agency contacted me first?

Thanks,

D

Certifications: A+, MCDST
  2. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

Its a grey area. In some instances the agency refuses to forward your details, so you my be better off with a direct application.

Normally its either / or, companies that have big HR departments and run media campaigns do not tend to use agencies as much as companies with no direct recruitment practices.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH
  3. djw

djw Nibble Poster

Good point. I suppose it would be too late to do a direct application of you have already sent your CV over to the agency with regards to the position?

Thanks,

D

Certifications: A+, MCDST
  4. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

I wouldn't the agency could well chase you and the company for lost earnings and trust me you don't want that.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
  5. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

If the company is advertising it on the radio as well as through a agency...id send a application direct

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...