Compucert.co.uk

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by IT 2005, Sep 30, 2005.

1. IT 2005

IT 2005 Bit Poster

Hi i am a new member great site here for getting lots of help how long has this be going?

I have had a bad experience with Horizon Training a CCNA course and there were 15 people and teh tutor started at 10am should have been 9 am, then we had 3 20 min breaks and a break of 1 and half hours for lunch then finish 4.30, this went on for 65 days and my lapto they supplied brokedown twice.

They charged me £1,500 it was awful, i sued them and got the £1,500 back befor ethe court case.

Been on some good Network and A+ course though with another provider.

I want to go on an MCSE and a company called compucert.co.uk offer mcse for £3,000 includes 15 days hands on, 7 transcender exams, 24/7 tutor support by email and 24/ online course, 7 sybex manulas etc, is this good value?

What do you think?

Thanks for any help for my first post hope i learn how to use this site quickly :D

2. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

welcome to cf mate, sorry to hear about your troubles with training but im glad you got it sorted.

there's loads of info in the training provider secton so you might find comparisons in there.

good luck with the rest of your training! :biggrin

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF!

Take a look around the Training and Development forum to see if you questions haven't already been answered in some shape or form.

:biggrin

4. iank

iank Bit Poster

Its always woorying I think when a company is offering 24/7 email support as it doesn't mean that you will getan answer back 24/7. Do they do phone support as well.

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings IT 2005. Welcome to CertForums. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi and welcome, IT 2005 - sorry to hear of your less than fruitful experience, but in fairness, most people seem to do OK with their chosen providers. It's just unfortunate that sometimes not all goes to plan.

Hope we can help you tho :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. johnM

johnM New Member

Before you go with Compucert find out what office the company is working out of (then let me know please) Compucert has a small room in Cardiff (no telephone and I was told that someone "pops in "about every few weeks) and a closed down office in Swansea, so you might be your wasting your £3000.00 (I think you would be)

9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

As with spending any serious amount of money, research and research some more.

Never agree to "owt" on the spot. Sleep on it...

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

John the original post is dated 30th September 2005 and the poster has only posted six times. You might try PMing him (private message) as he should get an email and might respond.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)