comptia training provider in southampton?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Georgiesickjitz, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Georgiesickjitz

Georgiesickjitz Byte Poster

hi all,this is my 2nd post of the night as i do not get to much time at the mo.

iv been scouring the internet to find a comptia a+ night class in southampton.i missed one by three days at totton college,of which is very local to me.the next starts in september.i really want to start the course asap.iv had no success yet.can any one please help.:rolleyes:

Certifications: CompTIA A+,CompTIA Network
    WIP: CCNA
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I'm assuming that you don't feel confident to self study and need the formal environment of a classroom ?

I just Googled "comptia dorset hampshire" and found these :

http://hampshire.floodlight.co.uk/h...-(comptia)/16180339/24417549/course-info.html

http://www.emagister.co.uk/comptia_a_courses-ec170007083.htm

http://swindon.floodlight.co.uk/swi...-(comptia)/16180339/28914424/course-info.html

I'm sure if you search around you can find others (check your local Yellow Pages for IT training companies and other local colleges) . Also try Learndirect.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Georgiesickjitz

i have started reading mike myers comptia.im finding it really good.he explaines it in such away that i can understand brilliantly.im pretty new with the hardware and most software.i think it would help me out so much more if i did it in a class.some one watching over your shoulder,study partners.i have a 8 month baby ,so i wouldnt be distracted. thanks so much for the links ,i will take a look. just found a site, pitman training.its at the bottom of my page as an advert.on the site it says they train in southampton.does any one know much about this training provider:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

there has been a thread om pitman before on CF, use the search feature to find it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Georgiesickjitz

still no luck.i checked the links above.they are 30 miles away atleast.thanks for your thoughts tho.

I think pitman is a self study facility.atleast from what i have read.if any one knows better please help.

if any one has any information that can help.it would be so much appreciated.:cry::cry::(:rolleyes:

6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

There is a pitman training centre in Glasgow, you can just take the exams there or take a full course with an exam at the end of it.

They do have a good rep here.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Georgiesickjitz

ok .ill give them a ring tomorrow to get some more info.i will keep you posted.:D.cheers guys your my heros

8. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

I know bluechip have a centre there. They probs do a training course. Other than that, google is ur friend.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  9. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

Bluechip does do several types of training I believe, I've done my A+ exams there, and it looks like a nice place- staff are also very friendly.

10. Wires_are_bad

Wires_are_bad Nibble Poster

I know you're after classes (and the interaction with tutors/teachers can be a positive thing) but I recommend a labsim online course which is sort of between self studying from books and classes with a tutor.

These aren't interactive in terms of being able to ask questions, etc. but there are videos, interactive tasks and exam questions.

It makes a complimentary learning resource along with Mike Meyer's books :biggrin

Certifications: Bsc Business I.T (2:1)
    WIP: A+ and N+
  11. KevinLing

KevinLing New Member

Hello George try Pitman Southampton, I did the A+ there really quickly and it opens till 8pm during the week, they also do the tests on site too with plenty of mocks so do dont waste your money on repeat test taking as the CompTIA tests are pretty expensive.

pitmansouthampton.co.uk - I think they have funding for the courses too?