1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CompTiA A+

Discussion in 'A+' started by abdullatifu, May 19, 2013.

1. abdullatifu

abdullatifu New Member

hi, please need an advise on how to start on with CompTiA A+

2. Adegilio

Adegilio Bit Poster

I recently passed mine, I used the exam-cram 6th edition 801-802. It has a CD with a ton of practice questions in multiple choice form (sadly no simulations) but it worked very well! My advice is get a study kit that has great reviews, study your own way and google up some more questions. I studied for a few months but it varies for everyone and only you know your best way to study. I wish you luck though! Let us know how it goes :]

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Net+
  3. abdullatifu

abdullatifu New Member

am happy for the reply thanks. but my question is which of the compTIA A+ N+ S+ etc do you advise me to go for. that will get me a good job.I already have a basic knowledge of MS DOS and WINDOWS. Please I need your answer .

4. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Abdul,

Do you currently work in IT? Out of the certifications you mentioned, I would recommend the compTIA A+ first and then if you wish to further your studies in the other areas you could look at these.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  5. Adegilio

Adegilio Bit Poster

My route is going to be Net+ (since I have my A+) then maybe a Microsoft cert or two before Sec+. You may have very good knowledge but believe me the exam has some questions that honestly you would rarely if ever need to know as an actual tech. I would advise A+ first, study it well then go for Net+. That is the basic route I believe most people take and from there out it is up to you.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Net+
  6. SimonV

SimonV Petabyte Poster Administrator

Moved to A+ forum

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  7. Learntec Glen

Learntec Glen Bit Poster

Start basic, ie, A+. Then N+ after which you can decide what route you'd like to follow. For example Microsoft, Cisco etc...

Certifications: A+, Sec+, MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, CVE
    WIP: Server 2012