CommSupport

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by craigie, Oct 4, 2008.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Have any of you heard of CommSupport?, I was doing some browsing on the internet and came across them.

The website is http://www.commsupport.co.uk/index.htm

They appear to be a Pearson Vue authorised centre, and offer courses in the CCNA, which I'm interested in doing in Spring next year. As I don't feel that I could motivate myself to achieve the CCNA without it being classroom lead.

They actually refer to CerGuard and paper CCNA's as well which I was quite impressed by.

Would be interest to hear from anyone who has used them before.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

See below:

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread22191.html

and here

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread22194.html

Hope those help, cheerio:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Cheers Onoski.

Just read those posts seems to be a rollercoaster of negativity and positivity!

This Joe person does seem to make sense in what he is saying and also how he comes across.

Think I 'might' follow this up with some more investigation work in the new year.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. HaDeS666

HaDeS666 Bit Poster

I did the week CCNA trainnig with CommSupport in July and Joe does know what he is talking about but he told me all I needed to come onto the course is an understanding of computers and basic understanding of networking.

This is not true - the course is fast paced and if you are a begineer you will get left behind - very quickly.:oops:

My advice is to buy a cheap course from say : http://www.thebryantadvantage.com/ - I did and this is very good material

Then once you have read this and understood, goto CommSupport for the week and you'll not get left behind.

Just my two pence worth - good luck whatever you decide :D

Certifications: A+ and CCNA
    WIP: MCSA then onto MCSE
  5. sameen77

sameen77 New Member

Hello,

I went to the ccnavoice training with commsupport last year,which was fine.
    Since start of this year I am trying to get a place on free re-training, as they promised on the website.
    But every time they refuesed to give me a place and saying that the class is full.
    So,I think (like others) this behaviour needs to be changed,as commsupport must reserve couple of places for re-training student at all the time.
    Thanks.

Mohamed.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
    Certifications: ccna
    WIP: ccvp
  6. sameen77

sameen77 New Member

Hello

I spoke to Joe last week about the problems I was having with not being able to get onto the ccna voice retake.

He did explain that the voice course is a popular and that it can become booked very fast.

Joe explained that they cannot reserve free retake places in advance of more than wht they do already, he said in the past when they did allow students to reserve weeks in advance they would not always show up for the class leaving places empty this why they cannot change the way they allow students to book so many weeks in advance, I understand.

The problem has been resolved

Thank you

7. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Damn. Got caught on a necro. I was reading craigie's first post and I was like: "Is it for real?". Haha

Sorry for offtopic.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  8. sameen77

sameen77 New Member

Well come every one
    Thanks

9. BMW320DMSPORT

BMW320DMSPORT New Member

Hi I have just done a 6 day CCNA course with Commsuppport in Manchester in July.
    The pace of the course was very fast, and it is best advised to do some studying well before the course.
    It was theory in the morning followed by an afternoon of doing labs, which gave me the some skills in configuring the routers and switches, by that was all.

I found the level of instruction reasonable, but in my opinion there is no way that you can pass the CCNA exam with just going on the course, they just give you the basics!

If you want CHEAP and cheerful training then Commsupport fits the bill.
    I will be going on the 3 day voice course as well as this was "thrown" in when I booked the CCNA course.

Kind regards.......

Certifications: OND, HNC, BEng(Hons) MCP, MCTS, MCITP.
    WIP: CCNA,and Voice....
  10. ITworkxperience

ITworkxperience Bit Poster

I recently did a course with Commsupport and found it to be real value for money!! They suggested at the out set that you prep yourself and dont come onto the course thinking it will be a stroll.I am glad I did!! I spent 2 weeks prepping on the videos,manuals and simulators before attending the course.
    :D
    We went through the theory sessions in the morning and a number of practical labs and break fix trouble shooting sessions in the afternoon.
    It was an intense course but this is what I needed to get mysellf into gear!
    I am considering going back for a free re sit before I book my exam next month to brush up on a few topics and get some more hands on with the hardware.

Like I said this course was real value for money and it certainly beats paying silly money to those companies who are asking for grands!!!These guys know their stuff!!
    I have told my boss about the course and he is looking at sending a few lads to do the CCNA/Security combo.
    :biggrin

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNA/CCNP
  11. macattack007

macattack007 New Member

Hi reference your thread, did you ever go and take any courses with commsupport, if so how did ya get on and what did ya think?

12. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Hi.

Since craigie posted the OP, Joe from Commsupport has become a valued member of Certforums (AKA "Cisco Lab Rat") and to be fair considering the amount of free training he offers, always sound advice on forums and Commsupport prices, I would say he is one of the good Training Providers out there.

Have a look on the forums here and you will find plenty of information about Commsupport and Joe.

Also if someone asked me for recommendations on Cisco training provider I would point him at Joe without a doubt.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  13. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

+1 can't wait till the free Net+ course starts

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  14. tbsmith

tbsmith Banned

I heard about Commsupport, but someone from them has recommended me to Firebrand Training, my friend told me they do CCNA courses in 5 days or something like that. But dont quote me on it, you should double check for yourself. By the way, does anyone any good providers in Germany?

15. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

And that someone from Commsupport would be who exactly?

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  16. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Someone out of a job by the sounds of it.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  17. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I'm always suspicious of 1 posters with highly controversial comments...... I smell a rat! (not the nice cisco lab type!)

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  18. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

exactly.. wasn't 'employee of the month' Mr Firebrand Training was it? :rolleyes:

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  19. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Stop with the barbs at Firebrand!!! My experiences with Firebrand haven't lead me to believe that they would do that kind of thing.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  20. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Please if we could. I agree with Simon on this point, I doubt FB would do this kind of thing. But thanks for the support lads very much appreciated. :biggrin

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree