Clive

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Clive Parker, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Clive Parker

Clive Parker New Member

Hi, I'm Clive, I'm having the same problem as Mr Murphy with Skillstrain rep. Only they want to charge £3000+ for a set of courses, which obviously they assure me leads to employment at £30,000+ a year.....It seems to be a minefield out there. Glad to find a site where you can get straight info from people who are in same situation or been there and done it. Ex pub licensee, swim pool engineer, bad back changed my direction in life. Unemployed 49 and desperate to get retrained in computer world. Done the ECDL and Clait but now need direction, always been practically minded but been put off PC repair and told to go CISCO due to telephone revolution. Anyone any ideas please. Clive. I know the A+ is the start apparently but where from there? HELP.

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Clive - thanks for the intro. A good nose around the Training & Dev forum will prob yield a lot more info for you than a simple answer on this thread, so I'll just say welcome, and hope we can help you out :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Clive Parker

Clive Parker New Member

:D Hi Jakamoko. Thanks for reply I'm having a good look around now.

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Clive. Welcome to CertForums. I agree with Gav as far as suggesting you have a look around the Training forum. After the A+, I'd suggest the Network+, especially if you are leaning towards Cisco certifications. The Network+ will give you the foundation you'll most likely need to be able to more easily learn Cisco.

Let us know how you're getting on and how we can help. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. KeithNN

KeithNN Byte Poster

Hiya. Welcome aboard and good luck with your studies whoever/however you decide to go! You're right thinking about A+, it's a great start. As you've just done ECDL and Clait can I assume you've not had too much PC experience? If that's the case self-study might not be the route (although you've showed you've got apptitude for learning!) so all I can recommend is looking at training providers or, preferably, a college course if any of yours locally do the A+?

My sympathies with the bad back situation! Mine goes every six months or so - not too badly but enough for me not to envy anyone with a serious bout :ohmy

Certifications: MCSA/MCSE, MCDST, MOS Mstr, Sec+,Net+,A+
    WIP: 70-284
  6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi Clive and welcome to our place :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings clive :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685