1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CIW Anyone???........no thought not!:0)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Heidihi, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Heidihi

Heidihi Bit Poster

:)
    Hello evreyone, New to the group so please bear with me!
    Ive been studying for a CIW Web Site Manager for what seems like my whole life now, I enjoy it- please don't get me wrong but I am finding it difficult partly due to the fact that I'm not in the industry, I work for Royal Mail doing a pretty boring but easy job and it looks like they pay a lot better than your entry-level IT job. CIW seems a good qualification but like any qualification its not worth the paper its on if you don't have experience to back it up with!I'm studying with SkillsTrain, again not a bad company, very helpfull tutors but i am still studying by my self at home-another bad choice making it that little bit more difficult for me:rolleyes:
    Just planning out some sort of digital cv and I'm working for free one day a week for a local charity in their IT department-its pretty difficult to get experience too.
    You all seem like a clever bunch so any advice, suggestions, compliments/insults is all welcome lol, especially anyone from skillstrain or anyone CIW people or any employers advice is all very welcome!
    Thanks for reading!
    Heidihi

Certifications: CIW Professional
    WIP: CIW Master: Web Site manager
  2. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

Hi Heidihi, and welcome to the forum!

There's been a lot of discussion on CIW lately on here, and it has its own section; have a look through the threads on there, as several of the posters are studying with Skillstrain too.

Sorry for not saying more, I only just got into work :cry:

Certifications: Pet Geekery
    WIP: cure for insomnia
  3. Heidihi

Heidihi Bit Poster

Hi, thanks, a welcome is good enough!:0) yea been having a quick look around, tis a big place but people clarly respond quickly and are friendly too so hopefully I'll get lots out this site!
    Thanks again!

Certifications: CIW Professional
    WIP: CIW Master: Web Site manager