cisco wireless course

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by billynw, Jun 1, 2012.

1. billynw

billynw Bit Poster

Hi guys,
    I recently passed the CISCO CCNA & I have been looking into taking the cisco wireless course next.
    Could anyone recommend a course provider where takes this course in the UK
    I would prefer to sit in a class room & learn about this subject rather than just doing 100% self study.
    Many thanks

Certifications: CISCO CCNA, CompTIA A+,N+. Windows 7 70-680,city and guilds 3666 copper & Fibre
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Perhaps have a chat with Joe (Cisco Lab Rat) to see if he has anything on the go.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Morning chaps,

Sorry Billy, we don't run the CCNA wireless course, various reasons. I would say have a look at one of the Cisco learning partners, although for the price of one of those courses you could purchase the wireless lan controller and a couple of AP's, but having said that self studying the cisco wireless even with the kit is a headache as in my opinion the cisco press manual for the CCNA Wireless was and is still the worse technical book I have ever read.

Thanks for thinking of us SimonD

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  4. billynw

billynw Bit Poster

Many thanks for your help here guys.
    I done my Network plus & CCNA with you joe & I can remember u saying how much you loved the wireless course (I'm joking).

I wanted to do this as I think I could get more work with this in future.
    I got a reply from 1 comapny today & they told me there pulling the plug on the wireless course as there's not interest in it.

If not the voice course looks good, but with the olympics coming hotels down you part of world a very expensive when your running you next voice course.
    Then again not as expensive as the price i was quoted today for the wireless course.

You got any plans in the future to run more course in Manchester soon Joe?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    Certifications: CISCO CCNA, CompTIA A+,N+. Windows 7 70-680,city and guilds 3666 copper & Fibre
  5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Always do mate :)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  6. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

I've done the CCNA wireless a month or two ago... I did not use the Cisco Press book, because it got very bad reviews, but went for the Sybex book instead... You'll also find a lot of stuff one the cisco learning network and the Cisco website. The CWNA books have a lot of the non-proprietary stuff covered. It also helps a lot if you have access to a controller, at work maybe?

The configuration guide is also extremely helpful:

Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Configuration Guide, Release 7.2 - Cisco Systems

There is a new exam effective since May, so I'm not sure if there are any updated books around already.

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless