China give microsoft....

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Josiahb, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

... a fairly pointless slap.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/17/microsoft_china_font_ip_infringement/

Why exactly are Microsoft bothering to appeal? They don't want to sell XP to anyone anymore anyway....

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You'd be surprise how many organisation and countries are still using XP (besides China is the 3rd largest country in the world if the demand was big enough any supplier would continue to sell a product).

Added to that if this was successful, I believe that this would also affect Windows Embedded (which is basically a cut down version of XP) - and that would have a big impact. Affecting things like thin clients, printers, machinery, PDA's, etc...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I believe Xp is still the choice too for MS "reconditioned PC programme" where old computers are sent out to third world etc.

Don't know if any ever go to China but presumably not any more ! :p

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Actually, with 1.35 billion people, China is the largest country in the world.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I was in a poor farming village of 10,000 people, and the 50 computers they had in their Internet cafe were quite nice. And, if I remember correctly, they were all running XP.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

XP?
    are people still talking about that POS?
    wow its been so many years I actually get lost when i get stuck on one of those systems (its VERY rare)
    been a happy post XP user since Vista Beta 1 :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

As Ken said XP is still going strong in the Embedded side of things

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)