Cheaper Xbox 360...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

And just when you thought that they could not get any cheaper...

Just thought that I'd post this, £109.99. This is the cheapest price for a Xbox so far and I'm still looking. As I'm still thinking about buying one, has anyone found any other good deals about, on the run up to Christmas?

Still not sure if spending just under £110 for one game (Fable 2) is worth it, I'm still disappointed that that haven't released this for the PC...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I hang on untill January if I were you it'll come down then again too I suspect :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

At just a shade over a ton you can't really go wrong there that's cheap as chips. Snap one up pronto I say as it's not really worth hanging around looking for a difference of 5 or 10 pounds or so, they'll all be sold out and you'll have no console.

Get in there my son! :onthePC

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Just found this one for you Ken its £99.00 just follow the instructions here

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Not that I get any chance to play games anymore but what's the difference between the versions of xbox's?

edit:dont worry just found out, the only difference appears to be the hard drive size the arcade only comes with 256MB's of disk space. I always wondered if there was a difference in graphics or something but never bothered to look into it.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  6. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Ok got one, now what am I gonna do with it ? Got no online sub. Any decent games I can play in 1-2 hours a week without losing my life ? :blink

I like adventures, things with a story and puzzles, sometimes strategy and RPG.

I'm not keen on first person shooters or pointless use of 3D.

Many thanks :D

7. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Bioshock would be a great start. Just because it is excellent.

8. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I'm not big on horror either ! :oops: Its got an age restriction does that mean I will need to change my underwear while playing it ?

I used to like the LucasArts stuff, TexMurphy, GrimFandango, etc.

9. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

I can recommend Call of Duty and Guitar Hero World Tour, but neither of them fit your requirements, the live is actually free this weekend, if you do decide to sign up to a live then buy your code off ebay, mine was £23 for 13 months, as opposed to £40 for 12, and its totally genuine.

WIP: A+
  10. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Probably! :biggrin

It's an excellent game (a 'spirited' sequel to one of the greatest games ever made, System Shock 2), so much so that a movie of said game will be released Summer 2010, apparently directed by the bloke that done POTC!

Go on grab a copy and a spare pare of pants, dim the lights and get playing!!

Bioshock Trailer

Bioshock 2 Teaser Trailer

11. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Monkey Island fan too eh? Same here!

One of my favourites was Day of The Tentacle, although it sadly looks a bit dated now the story is still brilliant!

I think Bioshock meets your needs. A game with universal critical acclaim, a story, adventure, a bit of RPG and strategy all rolled in to one. It's just a wee bit creepy though!! :biggrin

If I still haven't convinced you, here's a bunch of reviews!

12. Stuzzle

Stuzzle Byte Poster

Iiiiiiiiiii'm looking forward to getting my Xbox 360 for xmas :D, first new console since I got the original Xbox in 2003 *shame :oops:*

And on a side note I think Fable 2 is a brilliant game, and I'm not normally a fan of the fantasy genre

Certifications: A+, MCSA: Windows 7, 70-640, 70-642
    WIP: 70-646
  13. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

Just bought my son one for his birthday, the one with the 60 gig harddrive, the deal included gears of war 1 and 2 and fall out 3 with an option to buy a wireless controler for £10 sure there was something else but cant remember it Ummmm.. got it FIfa 2008 for £10 as well, The total was £220.

WIP: C++ and A+
  14. Suttar

Suttar Byte Poster

Monkey Island rules, BTW I think I read somewhere that you can download the new Sam and Max game for xbox from xbox live. I could be wrong, it is coming out on WII this week though.

someone really should petition for Monkey Island 5 , and more Maniac Mansion/ Day of the Tentacle games:biggrin

Certifications: Hnc Comp & Bsc Networking, ITIL v3
    WIP: CCNA
  15. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Or you could checkout the Zero Punctuation video review which is very funny. :)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/4-BioShock

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  16. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I use mine as so much more than a console
    It's connected to my movie and audio shares, puts on a great light show when friends are over playing tunes

It's my media center extender, streaming TV from the PC

in the US it's a Netflix streaming device now, meaning I can access over 120'000 online titles to stream at rather good quality, a few are even in HD now!

Oh, and games!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0