Chapter Review questions

Discussion in 'A+' started by greenbrucelee, Jul 23, 2007.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

As most of you will know at the end of each chapter of The A+ all in one exam guide 6th edition there are chapter review questions.

I am just wondering if you can get all of the questions correct does that mean you know enough on that section for the exams.

The review questions where I have got all questions correct on are:CPUs, RAM, the databus one (cant remember exact title havent got the book on me) and PSU.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Although the review questions are helpful mate, there is only 10 of them. Each chapter covers a large area, in which 10 questions can never cover. So in short, no. I found I was getting all the questions right in each chapter, because you've just read the answers!

If you try a Transcender or something similar, you will find yourself getting a much more varied group of questions, where you will be getting some wrong, and being unsure of others. The CD that comes with the book has 2 practice exams on, once you've covered all the topics, I'd suggest doing these to see where you stand.

Good luck mate! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Ok I will do the cd question once I have finished the book and gone through again taking notes.

I did do the exam question on the CD before reading the book and found I was averaging 60-70% which yes is a fail but I dont think its a bad score seen as though I havent studied or been around IT properly for 10 years.

So I will do the practice tests after I have done the book.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

I don't think I managed to get a pass more than once with the A+ CD questions. However I obviously passed the exam so nothing is concrete. I suspect that if you can get 70%+ then you stand every chance of passing the exam.

Remember the the exam questions are weighted so its not a straight 80% pass. You could pass better or fail if dependant on what areas you are weak and strong in. Make sure you check out the exam percentages and concentrate on the areas where the percentage is higher.

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA